Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airpor
Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport Investment Development and Operation Inc. (ISG), a company founded in partnership by Limak Holding (LIMAK), GMR Infrastructure Limited (GMR), and Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB), has 20 years operation rights, as of May 1st of 2008, of Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, including the management of the terminal buildings, car park, ground handling, cargo and aircraft refueling operations, the airport hotel and CIP facilities.
ISG continues as MAHB partnership as of 31 December 2014 as Limak and of 30 April 2014 as GMR Group transfered its shares to Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
In addition to the 1.932 billion Euros paid for the operational rights, ISG will further invest a minimum 336 million Euros to Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen. The new terminal building, first step and an important part of these investments,which will support airport’s rapid growth and bring the annual passenger capacity of Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen’s to 25 million was built with a modern design with international norms and standards, as well as an environment-friendly structure and was put into service on 31 October 2009.
The features and the services that is provided that the new terminal building and its complementaries provide include;
- 116 check-in and self service check-in kiosks;
- a total of 50 passport counters for incoming and outgoing passengers;
- 5.000 sq m food court for cafés and restaurants belonging to the leading food & beverage brands.
- 4.500 sq m Duty Free shopping area is run by SETUR and occupies a space of 3.300 sq m and 1.200 sq m in the departures and arrivals halls respectively. Other than the usual duty free shopping items, such as local/foreign drinks, tobacco and cosmetics; especially ready-wear, textile accessories and electronics is offered for sale.
- 3 apron viewing lounges and CIP halls;
- A two-storey VIP building with terminal connection;
- 400 sq m conference center;
- A four – storey car park with a capacity of about 4,718 vehicles & 72 buses (3.836 indoors and 882 + 72 bus outdoors)
- A three – storey airport hotel with 128 rooms, adjacent to the terminal and with separate entrances at air and ground sides.
- Multi aircraft parking system, allowing synchronized service to 8 aircrafts with large fuselages (IATA code E) or 16 middle sized fuselage aircrafts (IATA code C);
- EDS (Explosives Detection Systems) baggage screening.
Istanbul Sabiha Gökcen International Airport has been the world’s fastest growing airport for two consecutive years in 2009 and 2010 and then in 2012 and 2013.
Please visit our extended anna.aero profile for detailed information and route development opportunities.